Tuesday 23 September 2014

Work Experience Reveiw: Law Firm

Work experience is a period of time spent at a work place to give school age or university students an insight as to what working in that field is like. I recently spent five days at law firm.
I would describe the experience as boring because the only work available for my skill level was simple administration work. In an attempt to show me what solicitors do I was given huge piles of contracts and files to read which I found very difficult and not exciting at all.
However I did enjoy going to court for the morning because there was lots to hear and see unlike sitting in an office.

My advice for those of you who are interested in doing work experience at a law firm is:
1. Don't do it if you aren't okay with sitting and reading a lot.
2. Don't expect to be asked to do anything fun or exciting.
3. Ask if you would be able to go to court.
4. If you have nothing to do then offer your assistance.
5. Pick up on words or phrases that you hear or read that you don't understand and look them up later. (Most of what I learnt at the law firm was vocabulary that's very useful to this profession.)


Even though the experience was not action-packed, I did learn a lot and I recommend doing a work experience at a law firm if you are interested in law (it will also look great on your resume)


Comment your work experience stories or tell me where you would like to do work experience (I might be able to write a review for you if my friends have done work experience there!)


xx Chelsea :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds pretty interesting. Hopefully you'll find some work experiences that are more fun! I've only held simple jobs, but I am really enjoying my job as a Chemistry tutor these days. I love science and connecting with other students who want to do their best to improve and master concepts. :)

    ReplyDelete